When choosing a safeguard
to protect personnel from a hazard
, you’ll probably need to consider:
- Is it safe?
- Is it legal?
- Does it make sense?
Your choice of safeguard should:
- Be reliable and effective
- Be user-friendly
- Allow productivity to continue unhampered
Other factors that may influence your choice of safeguard include:
- Location from the hazard
- Type of hazard you’re guarding
- Number of people you're guarding
- Operator access requirements
For help choosing a machine safeguard, you may consult with ANSI B11.19, Annex E or contact a Banner Application Engineer.
Download this partial list of safeguarding solutions
and this reference on choosing a safeguard